School Direct at Heron Way Primary School
Heron Way Primary School is situated in a residential area on the east side of Horsham. The school, opened in 1968, was based on an infant school design although it was opened as a primary school. The accommodation consists of twelve classrooms in the main building and a further three temporary classrooms. In 2013 a substantial building programme started at the school to increase the school’s admission number from 315 to 420. The school now benefits from 2 new halls (separated by a foldable partition) and 4 new classrooms.
We believe there are excellent prospects in teaching; Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) have one of the highest employment rates of all graduates. We offer the School Direct programme as an all-inclusive training programme, providing a sustained school experience throughout the school year and the opportunity to be fully immersed in the school community. We have facilitated a number of school direct placements and are currently employing two of our successful graduates on a full time basis.
What Can Heron Way Offer You?
- Professional and relevant training in a primary school context.
- The opportunity to work alongside experienced teachers and colleagues who can offer examples of outstanding practice, advice and support during training.
- Training to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills to become an effective teacher and to meet the Teachers’ Standards.
- The prospect of high employability within the diverse range of local schools that form our alliance. (Horsham East Learning Partnership).
- Be part of a dedicated, committed and thriving learning community.
What Will Heron Way Expect From You?
- A highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher who is approachable and promotes positive relationships.
- An Ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences.
- Working knowledge of computing for teaching and administrative purposes.
- Ability to cope with the pressures of a demanding training course.
- A commitment to the values and ethos of the school.
- Above all else; someone who is passionate about providing outstanding educational outcomes for all children.