Sport at Heron Way Primary School
All schools have been allocated funding to improve PE and Sport Provision.
Throughout this academic year we have been working hard to spend the money in a way that will benefit the children’s health and wellbeing and improve their attitudes and behaviour towards learning.
Since September 2017 the funding has been used in a number of different ways, the points below illustrate this:-
- Hiring specialist qualified sports coaches to work with teachers during PE lessons.
- Training for PE co-ordinator to improve PE within the Early Years.
- Raise the profile of PE in our locality through entering numerous inter-school competitions.
- Funding for PE co-ordinators to work together with the HELP Locality Network to provide improved provision for PE in these schools.
- New schemes brought in to support the teaching of PE.
- A wider range of after school sporting activities and more accessibility for all pupils.
100 % of our year 6 cohort are meeting the national curriculum requirement to swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres. 100% of our Year 6 cohort use a range of strokes effectively and perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
With the growth of our school, once our building is complete we plan to use some of the funding to ensure PE can be taught to a high standard by sourcing appropriate and quality apparatus for all the children.