The local Authority deals with admissions to all county schools through the Admissions Office in Horsham. The address and telephone number can be found on the first page of the School Prospectus. There is also a link here to the Admissions Information from West Sussex County Schools
The general policy is to provide a place for your child at the designated school, which is normally your local school. Should the school be oversubscribed, a place will be offered at another school. If you express a preference for another school, your request will be agreed, unless there are more applications than places available.
All schools have a Published Admission Number (PAN). If the number of applications for a particular school is within its PAN, places can normally be offered to all who apply.
Applications to community and controlled schools are priorities according to the criteria here:
- Children who need a place at the school on exceptional and compelling social, psychological or medical grounds or children with a statement of special educational needs naming the school or support for looked after learners. Unless a child has a statement of special educational need naming the school, parents must provide a letter from a qualified person (usually a doctor or social worker). The evidence should state clearly why it is essential that the child attends that particular school in order for the Director for Children & Young People's services to make a decision
- Children with brothers or sisters already at the school who will still be there when the child starts, all of whom live within the catchment area;(brothers or sisters may be half or step siblings but must be living permanently at the same address)
- Other children who live in the catchment area
- Children with brothers or sisters already at the school who will still be there when the child starts*, all of whom live outside the catchment area; (brothers or sisters may be half or step-siblings but must be living permanently at the same address)
- Other children who live outside the catchment area
In the case of over-subscription in the above categories priority of placement would be given to applicants who live nearest the school (measured by a straight line from school to home, using Ordnance Survey address point data).
All applications from parents of children must be completed by 15th January preceding the academic year of admission and places allocated on the 19th April.
Each school has an admission number for places available at the year of entry. The admission number for this school is 60.
Admissions For September 2019
Please see the attached leaflet for information regarding admissions for September 2019