School Development Plan
The School Development Plan provides a framework of improvements negotiated and agreed by governors, senior leadership members and staff at Heron Way Primary School.
Our aim in the plan is to build on a comprehensive review of current best practice and progress made towards existing targets, taking into account national initiatives, the last Ofsted inspection and external audits.
It provides a detailed one year programme for the vision and development of the school, and includes future areas for development from September 2019 and beyond.
The school currently has three key priorities which are:
- Strengthen and develop teaching and learning within mathematics. (Maths mastery)
- To strengthen the use of feedback and marking across the school
- Reading - Strengthen our highly positive attitudes to reading
- Develop subject experts through high quality CPD and support
- Developing the children’s cultural capital through purposeful learning